Orange County Health Department
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life of the citizens of Orange County through education, promotion, and protection of public and environmental health.
In alignment with national standards, we maintain a multi-tiered approach to public health. Our responsibilities include:
· Monitoring health status, to identify and solve community health problems.
· Diagnosing and investigating health problems and hazards in the community.
· Educating and empowering people with information, regarding health issues.
· Mobilizing community partnerships and actions, to identify and solve health problems.
· Developing policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
· Enforcing laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
· Providing the link between people and their personal health service needs, and assuring the provision of healthcare, when otherwise unavailable.
· Assuring the competency of the public and personal healthcare workforce.
· Evaluating the effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal.
· Researching new insights and innovative solutions to individual and public health problems.